https://cdn.agencyinfo.net/lunarinsurance-wp/__domain_images_wp/enfold_wpheader_logo.png 0 0 Admin https://cdn.agencyinfo.net/lunarinsurance-wp/__domain_images_wp/enfold_wpheader_logo.png Admin2022-06-20 11:07:242022-06-20 11:08:00Throwing A Party At Home? Have Fun. Be Smart.
Throwing A Party At Home? Have Fun. Be Smart.
Hosting a party at your home can be a fun way to connect with your friends and family. However, it’s important to ensure that your guests will be safe and secure while you’re hosting them.
Here are some considerations for protecting guests and your home during a party:
- Slips and falls are the most common dangers in residential properties. To protect your guests, clear your driveway and make sure that rugs or cords don’t create tripping hazards.
- If you serve alcohol during a party, you can be held liable for a guest who becomes intoxicated and then drives home. Make sure that none of your guests overindulge, and always have a backup plan so no one drinks and drives.
- Unattended children at a party can get injured or cause damage to your property, so it’s a good idea to provide them with a supervisor.
- Excessive noise could become a nuisance to your guests and neighbors. Don’t be afraid of turning down the volume of any music or other entertainment at your party, or of asking guests to quiet down.
- If you have pets, they could become agitated or even aggressive toward your guests due to the noise from the party. Consider putting your pets in a closed bedroom to keep them calm and your guests safe. Dog bites account for approximately one-third of all homeowner’s insurance liability claim dollars paid out each year.
- Valuable and fragile items aren’t always covered under a typical homeowners policy. Take a moment to think about where your guests will gather during the party, and move any valuable or fragile items from that area.
Need more information on what your homeowner’s policy may or may not cover when it comes to having guests over? We’re here to help.